Draft DC Policy 2.2 - Residential Subdivision (909.20 KB)
Submission form (60.02 KB)
Call for public submissions
The Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) is seeking public comment on changes to the Development Control Policy 2.2 – Residential Subdivision (DC 2.2).
This policy sets out the WAPC’s requirements for landowners intending to subdivide residential land, and assists to create a diversity of lot and housing types throughout the State.
The proposed changes would introduce new criteria for average lot size variations greater than five per cent, including:
- land with a residential coding of R10 to R30
- a corner lot with frontage to more than one road (excluding a regional road) or dedicated road/right-of-way access to both front and rear boundaries
- compliance with the minimum frontage requirements specified in Table 1 of the R-Codes and is regular in shape
- crossovers and driveways are provided in accordance with Australian Standard 2890 and the R-Codes
- corner truncations are excluded from the calculation of the average lot size
- the applicant has provided information that demonstrates the variation will have a beneficial outcome for the community.
Making a submission
If you would like to make a submission please provide your feedback using the online feedback form below or the submission form (available for download above).
Submissions must be lodged with firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm 10 July 2017.
Late submissions will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact Paul Ellenbroek, Planning Manager, Urban Design and Development on 6551 9000.